Pit / Nicte Ha
2 dives the pit and nicte ha
According to the standards we start with the deepest dive: The Pit. It is very difficult to say which is the most beautiful cenote but the Pit is a magic place. Imagine: the sun rays penetrate until 90 feet/30 meters crashing with a thin white hydrogen sulfid cloud. Once in the water, stop and appreciate the calm around you, descend in the middle of the cenote in full light through a shallow halocline 50ft (14m) towards the hydrogen sulphide cloud at 100ft (30m). Tree branches eerily stick out of a multi-deep cloud of smoke, what appears to be the cavern floor becomes visible, but it do not stop there! El Pit continues deep under the cloud and narrows in darkness to 400ft (120m).
The beautiful and quiet cenote Nicte-Ha is part of the largest underground cave system Sac actun which connects most of cenotes in this area. The name of the cenote refers to a beautiful white flower that grows and floats in its crystalline and adorned waters. Nicte-Ha is a shallow cenote with fresh, transparent waters and colorful aquatic vegetation. It is a place of water surrounded by jungle, rustic and natural, ideal for those looking to have a direct experience with nature. Diving is perfect in this cenote, since you will have excellent visibility and there are many entrances of daylight.
- Two dives including tanks & weights
- All equipment & light
- Water and snacks
- Small groups and personal service—maximum of 4 divers per guide
- Transportation between the dive shop and the dive sites
- Level / Certification required: Advanced Open Water Diver or higher with no more than 1 year without diving.
- Maximum depth 40 meters / 130 feet.
- All tours are subject to weather conditions.
- Entrance fee el Pit and Nicte Ha 600 pesos (not included)
- Ages 15+ years or older