Angelita / casa cenote
2 dives angelita and casa cenote
Cenote with helocline
If you talk with somebody who already dove Angelita, is going to remember it like one of the most amazing and interesting places, is an unforgettable dive. If you search for Angelita in the web you are going to find many fans. We descend to 30 meter (90 feet) like a free fall to find a white and dense hydrogen sulfide cloud surrounding a small island with some trees. After you see the cloud, you think “this is the bottom”, but no! Is only the beginning, we cross it; you can see how the divers and also you disappear inside the cloud… to find after that again crystal clear water. Do you want to try?
Casa Cenote called also Manatee, this cenote is the exit to the ocean of the cave system Sac Actun. The crystal clear freshwater flows between the mangroves and the ocean water. You can see a lot of life, both freshwater, and saltwater, like blue crabs, tarpons, young barracudas, snappers, snooks, and small flounders.
The combination of fresh and saltwater allows us to appreciate the halocline during our dive. For a second dive, we go to the cenote Dos Ojos to dive one of the most beautiful sites in the region. The visibility is amazing at Dos Ojos and this site has lots of rock formations and beautiful entries of light. Here you will dive through thousands of stalactites and stalagmites.
- Two dives including tanks & weights
- All equipment & light
- Water and snacks
- Small groups and personal service—maximum of 4 divers per guide
- Transportation between the dive shop and the dive sites
- Level / Certification required: Advanced Open Water Diver or higher with no more than 1 year without diving.
- Maximum depth 33meters / 100 feet.
- Halocline, cloud of hydrogen sulfide
- All tours are subject to weather conditions.
- Entrance fee Angelita 400 pesos casa cenote 200 pesos (not included)
- Ages 15+ years