Cenote El Pit
$120 USD for 2 dives plus entrance fee
The most beautiful cenote, a magic place.
According to the standards we start with the deepest dive: The Pit. Both sites are at Dos Ojos Park with around 3 km of distance between each other. It is very difficult to say which is the most beautiful cenote but a Pit is a magic place. Imagine: the sun rays penetrate until 90 feet/30 meters crashing with a thin white cloud.
Below ancient human and animal bones are resting since the last ice age (between 8 and 12 thousand years ago). We make a multilevel dive and our deepest point is 100 feet/34 meters. After our first dive, we drive a couple of minutes to dive one of the shallow and amazing sites at Dos Ojos: The Barbie Line or The Batcave. The group and the guide decide on one of these sites.
Tour includes 2 dives one in The Pit and one of the shallow dives at Dos Ojos park: The Barbie Line or The Batcave. Water and snacks. We focus on small groups and personal service (4 divers max). Safe cavern tours for certified Open Water divers.
Enjoy the amazing combination of crystal water, formations, fossils and wonderful entries of light. According to international standards: 4 divers maximum per guide (instructor/divemaster with full cave certification), use of guidelines, no restricted passages, cavern limits penetration (always daylight).
- SSI & PADI professionals with over 10 years of experience in Tulum.
- Two dives including tanks & weights
- All equipment & light
- Water and snacks
- Cenote fee
- Small groups and personal service—maximum of 4 divers per guide
- Transportation between the dive shop and the dive sites
- Level / Certification required: Advanced Open Water Diver, Deep Diving specialty or higher with
- No more than 1 year without diving.
- All tours are subject to weather conditions.
- Halocline, cloud of hydrogen sulfide
- Entrance fee the pit 475 pesos
- Ages 15+